1. Be sure to find out where exactly where you are to vote BEFORE Election Day, that is, your specific polling station. Call or visit your EOJ Constituency Office, or call the ECJ toll free helpline at 1-888-991-VOTE (8683).
2. Present your Voters’ ID card and follow the instructions of the Presiding Officer.
3. If you do not have your Voters’ ID card, you will still be allowed to vote once your name can be found on the Voters’ List, and your identity can be confirmed. This however will take some additional time, so be sure to take your Voters’ ID card with you.
4. If your polling station is using EVIBIS, that is the Electronic Voter Identification and Ballot Issuing System, you will be asked to place a specific finger on a fingerprint scanner. Once your identity has been verified, you will be issued a ballot.
The EVIBIS is only used in certain constituencies, so it may or may not be used at your polling location.
5. Once you have been issued a ballot by the Presiding Officer, go behind the voting booth and CLEARLY mark an X for the candidate of your choice in the space provided. Please also be sure to use the pencil provided in the voting booth.
6. Fold your ballot twice, as instructed by the Presiding Officer, to protect the secrecy of your vote, leaving the flap out. DO NOT SHOW ANYONE WHO YOU HAVE VOTED FOR.
7. Give the folded ballot to the Presiding Officer so that he or she can detach the flap.
8. Dip your right index finger (pointer finger) in the integrity ink and WATCH while your unopened ballot is put in the ballot box.
9. Once you have witnessed your ballot paper being placed into the ballot box, your voting process is now complete, and you should leave the vicinity in a peaceful manner.
Internal campaigns have planted seeds of political division in the People’s National Party (PNP), leaving it badly damaged since 1992, but the temperature has risen exponentially in leadership races since, according to the party’s longest-s
Defeated People's National Party (PNP) presidential candidate Lisa Hanna has said thanks to her supporters in Saturday's election. Hanna, the St Ann South Eastern MP was beaten by Mark Golding, the St Andrew South MP, by 296 votes. There was...
Newly-elected president of the People’s National Party Mark Golding says he is ready to take on a bold new era in the 82-year-old organisation and the work begins tomorrow. Golding was speaking at the party’s Old Hope Road Headquarters...&l